Disney+ Business And Commercial Affairs Manager (f/m/d) - MunichJetzt bewerben Später bewerben Job-Kennung 780371BR Standort München, Bayern, Deutschland Veröffentlichungsdatum 25/03/2021 Unternehmen Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
Job-Zusammenfassung:We are looking for an experienced manager of Business Affairs with a strong legal and commercial background to join our Disney+ and Star Original Productions team and work with high profile content providers and the film and TV creators’ industry. This role is permanent and based in our Munich office.
It is essential to the success of this role to have multi-year experience in commercial or business affairs and to have worked on both scripted and unscripted production projects.
The Manager Business Affairs will be negotiating commercial deals with external content suppliers and production companies in relation to EMEA Original Productions for The Walt Disney Company in EMEA. This will include managing negotiations with producers, co-producers, talent representatives, distributors and licensors for original productions, co-productions and pre-acquisitions with talent representatives with an emphasis on negotiation applying best practice and in alignment with The Walt Disney Company international policies and standards.
The successful candidate will create and manage processes, workflows and a framework for deals that are competitive, agile and adhere to the Disney brand values as well as liaising between external and internal stakeholders locally and internationally. This will involve amongst other things handling and negotiating development, talent and production deals, coordinating commercial/business terms and information flow with adjacent departments including Creative, Finance, Production Management, Legal Affairs, Marketing etc.
It is essential to the success of this role to have multi-year experience in commercial or business affairs and to have worked on both scripted and unscripted production projects. Ability to interact internally in collaboration with colleagues that account for different functions within the business is key as well as ongoing interaction with the local teams while handling a high volume of deals within short timelines successfully.
Finally, this role will provide key support on fulfilling company standard deal key terms and policies in production, co-production and pre-acquisition deals in order to guarantee consistent conditions in the content business.
- Partners with Creative and Production Executives on projects, both in negotiating and greenlighting development and production projects.
- Manages negotiations or supports Production Management Director and VP of Original Production in deal making with producers and their relevant legal and business affairs departments with the aim to deliver deals on time, on budget and within company standards and creative parameters.
- Facilitates business processes between Creative, Legal Affairs as well as other relevant executives and the production company to ensure clear communication and effective translation of vision to production on basis of creative greenlight.
- Creates and revises deal templates for all types of deal making for original productions and acquisitions.
- Manages exchange with local and international Legal Affairs teams – including ongoing development of best practise and setting acceptable precedents.
- Ability to read, interpret and provide solutions on contract drafts, and sync with Production Management, Creative Affairs, Finance and Legal Affairs.
- Ability to read, understand & consult on budgets.
- Understands production guidelines and talent agreements.
- Facilitates development and production greenlights and approvals.
- Vets processes working closely with Production Management and Legal Affairs to ensure that Company policies & standards are met.
- Ability to supervise and track progress on multiple deal negotiations on and off system (incl. deal trackers).
- Manages delivery of all underlying paperwork, including communication with the production partners to ensure all paperwork is turned around timely.
- Coordinates cost allocation reviews with Finance, Production Management and production executives.
- Consults with Acquisitions, Legal Affairs within and outside EMEA to facilitate Acquisition, Legal Affairs needs with contracts and approval issues.
- Attends and presents at Production, Development, Programming, Finance and Legal meetings.
- Understands the roles and interdependencies of Marketing, Research, Legal Affairs, etc. and develops the relationships within these departments to assure high quality and efficiency.
- Manages internal approval procedures and deal execution.
- Seasoned Manager with solid experience in television production deal making within original programming.
- A thorough knowledge of the current commercial deal-making market.
- Working knowledge of contract drafting.
- Knowledge of contractual key terms and conditions for production, co-production and pre-acquisition deals, talent deals, and chain of title assessment.
- Ability to anticipate potential issues of each step for deal making in production and budgetary issues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to inspire and enthuse producers and build strong collaboration with producers and with production studios worldwide.
- Thorough understanding of European regulatory environment including content and investment quota obligations, in particular for SVOD services.
- Understanding of the pre-production, production, and post-production process.
- Ability to critically assess progress, anticipate production issues, provide solutions and promptly supervise the execution of new measures.
- Exceptionally organised and great attention to detail: ability to evaluate production, co-production and pre-acquisition proposals, underlying rights (chain of title).
- Excellent time and budget management skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritise; and always ‘stay ahead of the game’.
- Flexible and result-oriented: not afraid to challenge the status quo; and pro-active to suggest new approach. Always ready to ‘go the extra mile’.
- Resourceful and strong initiative.
- Excellent negotiation skills, especially in resolving production problems with producers and co-producers, and maintaining Disney’s priority requirement in each production.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
Über Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) besteht aus den internationalen Geschäftseinheiten des Unternehmens und verschiedenen Direct-to-Consumer-Streaming-Diensten und vereint Technologie, Verteilung von Medien und Werbeverkauf in einem einzigen Geschäftssegment, um personalisierte Unterhaltungserlebnisse für Verbraucher auf der ganzen Welt zu schaffen und zu liefern.
Über The Walt Disney Company:
Die Walt Disney Company ist zusammen mit ihren Tochtergesellschaften und verbundenen Unternehmen ein führender internationaler und diversifizierter Familienunterhaltungs und Medienkonzern mit folgenden Geschäftssegmenten: Media Networks, Parks and Resorts, Studio Entertainment, Consumer Products und Interactive Media. Von seinen bescheidenen Anfängen als Zeichentrickfilmstudio in den 1920er Jahren bis zu seiner aktuellen Vorreiterrolle in der Unterhaltungsindustrie trägt Disney stolz sein Erbe weiter und bietet Geschichten und Erlebnisse von Weltklasse, die alle Familienmitglieder bezaubern. Disneys Erzählungen, Figuren und Abenteuer erreichen Verbraucher und Gäste aus allen Ecken der Welt. Gemeinsam schaffen unsere Mitarbeiter und Darsteller aus Niederlassungen in über 40 Ländern Unterhaltungserlebnisse, die sowohl auf globaler als auch auf lokaler Ebene begeistern.
Diese Position ist bei The Walt Disney Company (Germany) GmbH, das Teil eines Geschäftsfelds ist, das wir Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution nennen.