Generalist Supervisor Singapore, SingaporeJetzt bewerben Später bewerben Job-Kennung oU86dfw5 Standort , Singapur Veröffentlichungsdatum 27/11/2020 Unternehmen Industrial Light & Magic
DescriptionThe Generalist Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to oversee the day-to-day operations of the team, ensuring that all the effects are created according to the designs and visual style of the show. This will require partnering with the Creature, Environment, and Lighting Supervisors as well as the Producer.
Generalists have the ability to create photo-real environments and landscapes, exhibiting a strong foundation in photo-realistic, traditional, and digital art skills with an emphasis on landscapes. Works with live-action footage, digital still photography, rendered computer graphic elements, and digital paint to create environments that are seamlessly integrated into films.
- Supervises the Generalist team to deliver the expected and desired effects for the show
- Consult with the CG Supervisor as to the technical feasibility of elements in the designs and suggest production-friendly solutions that will maintain the vision of the show
- Responsible for reviewing the work of each artist on a regular basis and approving shots and models for submission to the director
- Actively participates in the recruiting and staffing of the Generalist teams, assessing the work of prospective candidates for the hiring process and works with production management on hiring decisions
- Partners with production management to guide artists’ overall professional development, providing performance feedback, mentoring resolving performance management issues and maintaining positive morale amongst the crew
- Attend all relevant meetings to promote effective communication throughout the production team
- Develops solutions and techniques that meet art/technical direction.
- Participates in team reviews of work under development.
- Able to create multiple types of mattes from simple to moderately difficult and works confidently enough to be able to decide where to allocate detail based on the shot and can interpret feedback to respond to review notes with little supervisor direction.
- Texture skills would match this competence level, i.e. able to create maps in 2D and set up basic shaders for look development.
- Good understanding of the physics of light, how this interacts with the camera and how to create basic lighting setups in complex shaders (like hard surface type materials) that look convincing and render efficiently.
- Responds to feedback to dial and in the look of the element before handing to final comp.
- Has a good working knowledge of specialist tools and plugins like Multiscatter, Speedtree, etc.
- Works with the sequence lead to test out tools and techniques before rolling out to shot artists and handles reasonably complex hard body and soft body sims and light/render them for comp. Can run script and modify it for specific needs.
- Responsible for creating original 2D and 3D content that may comprise part or all of an environment
- Uses artistic and technical skills to work on all aspects of CG images or shots
- Creates high-quality computer graphics within a shot using a variety of software programs
- Participates as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis
- Expected to mentor Apprentice and Jr. Artists and must be able to assist them with their shots
- Work to meet defined milestones within a timeline
- Source suitable reference materials for required assets
- Attend dailies and participate in creative problem solving
Education / Experience
- 6+ years relevant professional experience in a leadership role on a VFX film or CG animated project
- BA in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working across different studios/locations and time zones
Required Skills / Technical Competencies
- Proven ability in one or more CG techniques, including modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, look development, or compositing OR proven artistic ability in a non-CG field (impressive portfolio of figure drawing, landscape, animals, painting, composition, perspective, etc.)
- Demo reel required
- High level of problem solving or creative thinking skills
- Must have extensive knowledge of Matte Painting techniques and precise timing requirements to ensure accuracy of bids
- Strong English communication skills
- Fluent in Photoshop
- Fluent in 3dsmax, Maya or similar
- Fluent in Vray or MRay or similar ray trace renderer
- Comparable software experience considered
- Demonstrated ability to quickly pick up new software
- Strong knowledge and ability in perspective, value matching 35mm photography, and motion
- Understanding 2D compositing software
- Demonstrable experience of mentoring and developing artists
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Über Industrial Light & Magic:
Über The Walt Disney Company:
Die Walt Disney Company ist zusammen mit ihren Tochtergesellschaften und verbundenen Unternehmen ein führender internationaler und diversifizierter Familienunterhaltungs und Medienkonzern mit folgenden Geschäftssegmenten: Media Networks, Parks and Resorts, Studio Entertainment, Consumer Products und Interactive Media. Von seinen bescheidenen Anfängen als Zeichentrickfilmstudio in den 1920er Jahren bis zu seiner aktuellen Vorreiterrolle in der Unterhaltungsindustrie trägt Disney stolz sein Erbe weiter und bietet Geschichten und Erlebnisse von Weltklasse, die alle Familienmitglieder bezaubern. Disneys Erzählungen, Figuren und Abenteuer erreichen Verbraucher und Gäste aus allen Ecken der Welt. Gemeinsam schaffen unsere Mitarbeiter und Darsteller aus Niederlassungen in über 40 Ländern Unterhaltungserlebnisse, die sowohl auf globaler als auch auf lokaler Ebene begeistern.