Virtual Art Department - Jedi Academy (Internship) Vancouver, BCJetzt bewerben Später bewerben Job ID oPIfhfwN Standort Vancouver, British Columbia, Kanada Veröffentlichungsdatum 14/10/2021 Unternehmen Industrial Light & Magic
Are you a recent graduate looking to get your foot in the door in the exciting world of VFX, but not sure where to start? ILM’s Jedi Academy may be just the thing for you!
Offered as a six-week placement to recent graduates or artists with one to two years of VFX experience, the Jedi Academy provides the opportunity for graduating artists to learn from highly skilled supervisors and senior artists in the Virtual Art Department (VAD). The VAD bridges the gap between Production Design and VFX, creating Real Time environments for Virtual Production scouts. Come join The Force and train to create photo-real digital environments and assets all while being exposed to a variety of workflows and softwares for some of the biggest movies and television series in the world.
In this paid experience, successful applicants will be placed into the Virtual Art Department (VAD) and will provide entry-level assistance to the team while gaining experience in a fast-paced and highly collaborative live production environment through training, mentorship, and real shot-work development.
To top it off, graduates who successfully complete the Jedi Academy may be offered a Junior Artist position within the studio.
We are looking for an artist who reflects the innovative spirit and passion for great filmmaking that defines ILM.
What You’ll Do
Working in a “remote-first” fast-paced production environment, the Jedi Academy artists work closely with more senior artists and may perform the following:
- Produce high quality entry-level shot work
- Complete work within the timeframe bid
- Strengthen professional habits, including best practices for presenting work in dailies, working as a team, and communicating effectively
- Gain knowledge and appreciation of ILM’s culture and history
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide assistance for relocation, housing, transportation, or work authorization for the Jedi Academy. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada and must provide proof of long-term eligibility (i.e. documentation of Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status).
Applicants must also have graduated from a relevant VFX course or program within the last 12 months or have one to two years of VFX experience.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Graphics, Fine Arts, Design, Photography or related OR experience by working in our industry
- A strong foundation in photo-realistic, traditional, or digital art skills with an emphasis on landscapes and interiors
- Some experience using a Real Time engine like Unreal or Unity. You are open to learning, with a demonstrated interest in and ability to quickly pick up new software
- Demonstrated ability in one or more CG techniques, including modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, look development, matte painting or compositing
- Strong teamwork, excellent communication and interdisciplinary thinking
- Entry-level knowledge in some or all of the following software packages: Photoshop, 3DS Max, Maya, Perforce and 3D paint programs like Substance Painter. Comparable software experience considered.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
Über Industrial Light & Magic:
Über The Walt Disney Company:
Die Walt Disney Company ist zusammen mit ihren Tochtergesellschaften und verbundenen Unternehmen ein führender internationaler und diversifizierter Familienunterhaltungs und Medienkonzern mit folgenden Geschäftssegmenten: Media Networks, Parks and Resorts, Studio Entertainment, Consumer Products und Interactive Media. Von seinen bescheidenen Anfängen als Zeichentrickfilmstudio in den 1920er Jahren bis zu seiner aktuellen Vorreiterrolle in der Unterhaltungsindustrie trägt Disney stolz sein Erbe weiter und bietet Geschichten und Erlebnisse von Weltklasse, die alle Familienmitglieder bezaubern. Disneys Erzählungen, Figuren und Abenteuer erreichen Verbraucher und Gäste aus allen Ecken der Welt. Gemeinsam schaffen unsere Mitarbeiter und Darsteller aus Niederlassungen in über 40 Ländern Unterhaltungserlebnisse, die sowohl auf globaler als auch auf lokaler Ebene begeistern.